Six Foot Track
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Product code: NSW-SFT
Let us take you on a professionally guided and fully supported two-day walk of the historic Six Foot Track in the Blue Mountains. This walk would be one of New South Wales’s most iconic overnight walks. The Six Foot Track is a 45-kilometre old horse and cart route built in the late 1800s to ferry supplies between Katoomba and Jenolan Caves.
Your overnight gear will be transported in the support vehicle, so you’ll only need to carry a day pack over the 45-kilometre journey. One of the highlights will be staying overnight in the tranquil Six Foot Track Eco Lodge, nestled in bushland just back from the beautiful Cox’s River. Day two of the trek starts with a crossing of the famous Bowtells Swing Bridge as the team makes its way towards Megalang Valley.
Finish the walk at the historic Explorer’s Tree, where Gregory Blaxland, William Lawson and William Charles Wentworth, the explorers who achieved the first known successful crossing of the Blue Mountains of New South Wales by European settlers, carved their initials in 1813.
The walk is both challenging and fun based on the program that Peak Potential Adventures has designed. Because this adventure is accompanied by our support vehicle most of the way, which carries your overnight gear, you’ll only need to carry a daypack. All you have to do is bring basic equipment like comfortable walking shoes, a warm jacket and pants and enjoy the scenery, the challenge, the serenity and the great company of like-minded people on this two-day weekend adventure.
The Six Foot Track is an adventure that delivers a remarkable experience of a historic Australian walk. You can do it as a stand-alone adventure, as a foundation for future multi-day adventures, or incorporate it into a training plan for another multi-day adventure in Australia and overseas that you might have planned. In addition, the Six Foot Track has some challenging features, making it a great training walk for other adventures offered by Peak Potential Adventures to Mt Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, the Overland Track in Tasmania, Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea, or Everest Base Camp in Nepal.
The Six Foot Track will provide an excellent introduction to outdoor endurance walks, and if completed, participants will be prepared mentally and physically for bigger multi-day adventures. The walk includes access to a support vehicle, and it’s important to note that this adventure is not just about the challenge – it will be fun and deliver moments and memories you will remember for the rest of your life.
You can also refer to the NSW National Park website for more information about the Six Foot Track.
- Stunning views walking down Black Range
- Stay in the beautiful private eco lodge nestled back in bushland from Coxs River
- Enjoy the company of fellow outdoor enthusiasts and adventurers
- Cross the famous Bowtells Swing Bridge over Coxs River
- Stunning views of the Blue Mountains walking through the Megalong Valley
- Enjoy a beautifully cooked, fully catered dinner and buffet breakfast at the eco lodge
- Weather permitting, take a dip in the beautiful rock pools near the eco lodge
- Relax in the private eco lodge and enjoy the natural peace and serenity
- Enjoy close encounters with some of the local wildlife
- Walkthrough the beautiful Nellies Glen rainforest near the end of the trek
- Just disconnect from daily life for the weekend and take in the great outdoors.