- Duration: 11 Days (approx.)
- Product code: AFR-KILI
Kilimanjaro. The name itself is a mystery wreathed in clouds. It might mean Mountain of Light, Mountain of Greatness or Mountain of Caravans. Or it might not. The local people, the Wachagga, don't even have a name for the whole massif, only Kipoo (now known as Kibo) for the familiar snowy peak that stands imperious, overseer of the continent, the summit of Africa. Kilimanjaro, by any name, is a metaphor for the compelling beauty of East Africa. When you see it, you understand why. Not only is this the highest peak on the African continent; it is also the tallest free-standing mountain in the world, rising in breathtaking isolation from the surrounding coastal scrubland – elevation around 900 metres – to an imperious 5,895 metres (19,336 feet).
- Climb the tallest free-standing mountain in the world
- Explore rainforests, heather moors, lava formations, and glaciers
- Complete one of the famous 7 Summits
- Immerse yourself in the local Tanzanian culture
- Learn about the unique flora and fauna of the mountain with local naturalists
- Personally supported by some of the most experienced adventure guides in Australia and Tanzania
- Celebrate with your fellow trekkers in Moshi at the end of the climb
- After the climb, organise a local safari and try and spot the 'African Big 5' in their natural habitat.